Warning! Around 100 People Are Infected With The Highly Contagious Norovirus At A Popular Beach Resort
Around 100 people are infected with the highly contagious norovirus at a Maine beach, authorities confirm.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed the information about 100 or more people been infected by a contagious norovirus at Woods Pond Beach in Bridgton, Maine in the US.
People infected by the dangerous virus suffer from the following symptoms: fever, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, and weakness. Norovirus is especially dangerous for children and elder people.
To reduce the risk of infection, officials ask citizens and tourists to stay away from the popular beach resort.
Nikolay / Shutterstock.com
What is norovirus? Its symptoms and prevention
Norovirus is a very contagious virus that causes gastrointestinal illness in humans.
The most common symptoms are:
1. Stomach pain.
Tips to prevent a norovirus infection:
1. Regular hand washing and good general hygiene.
2. Eat only foods that have been properly prepared.
3. Avoid undercooked seafood, especially in summer.
4. A vaccine for norovirus is highly recommended while planning a trip to tropic countries or on a cruise ship.
5. Do not try to treat the norovirus with antibiotics.
6. At the first signs of the infection, do not hesitate to go to a doctor.
trueman / Shutterstock.com
Please, share this information with relatives and friends. Keep safe!
This article is solely for informational purposes. Do not self-diagnose or self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for any harm that may result from using the information provided in the article.