Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic Is The Perfect President Croatian People Are So Proud Of
It’s so common when a country is governed by a man. However, in the recent times, many powerful women appeared in the political arena as well: Hillary Clinton, Angela Merkel, Dalia Grybauskaite, and even more!
Today, we want to tell you about how the butcher’s daughter managed to become the first woman in the Croatian history who was elected to be a president.
Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic grew up in the countryside, worked as a laundress, and now is a style icon and a leader of the country. All the Croatians simply adore their president!
What is the secret of Kolinda’s stunning career and how did she manage to become people’s favorite?
Here are a few facts from the personal biography of the Croatian President:
1. Kolinda was born in 1968, in a simple butcher’s family.
2. First, the parents wanted to name their daughter Ksenia. But soon changed their minds because of the popular Croatian song “Kolinda.”
3. As a child, the girl wanted to become an interpreter or a stewardess.
4. At age 17, Kolinda won a grant to study in the States. Although the girl received a scholarship, she got a job as a laundress to make for the living. Now, she isn’t scared of hard work!
5. After returning to Croatia, Kolinda graduated from Zagreb University, becoming a master in international relations.
6. In 2003, a 35-year-old woman was elected to parliament. Some time later, Kolinda took over the position of Minister for Foreign Affairs, and in 2008 she became Ambassador of Croatia to the United States.
7. In 2015, Grabar-Kitarovic outscored the former country leader in the presidential election, gaining 50.42% of the votes.
Why do Croatians adore Kolinda?
She is the 50-year-old blonde with seductive forms and is considered to be a style icon in the country. Croatian women have someone to take after!
Men respect their president for being a versatile personality. Kolinda has a lot of different hobbies: she loves traveling and even has learned to fly a plane.
However, most of Croatians love Kolinda for her sincerity, simplicity, and openness in communication. By the way, she is an ardent football fan!
In order to witness the match between Croatia and Denmark, which recently took place in Russia, she took the economy class and sat at the stadium next to her fellow-fans.
After the match, Grabar-Kitarovic stated the following:
I wanted to show I am the similar fan, like everyone else. That is why I wanted to wear a T-shirt with our national symbols. Unfortunately, the dress code in the VIP zone would not allow me to be in such outfit!
Grabar-Kitarovic went straight to Croatian national team locker room right after the game to congratulate the players personally with the victory. The athletes were delighted!
It seems that we are beginning to understand the secret of Croatia’s success at the World Cup 2018! And what do you think about the Croatian leader?
From Helen Mirren To David Beckham: 16 Celebrities That Received Royal Titles
Go England! Holly Willoughby And Harry Kane Cheered For Their Team At 2018 World Cup In A Never-Before-Seen Photo