Breaking News: About 100 People Are Reported Sick After Eating McDonald’s Salads, Which Possibly Contained Parasite
About 100 people in Iowa were reported sick from intestinal parasite infection. Authorities believe they got infected after eating McDonald’s salads.
Breaking news: dozens of people infected by a parasite!
Iowa Department of Public Health is currently investigating a case of mass poisoning. About 100 people in Iowa have been infected by Cyclospora parasite since late June.
In its official release, IDPH announced that the mass poisoning is possibly linked to McDonald’s salads.
The most common symptoms of cyclosporiasis are watery diarrhea, appetite and weight loss, intestinal pain, and fatigue. Officials ask everyone with similar symptoms to see a doctor as soon as possible to avoid complications.
McDonald’s representatives announced they’ve made a decision to remove these suspicious salads from the menu of all restaurants in the Midwest. McDonald’s carries its own investigation and cooperates with the state health officials to monitor this situation.
Leslie Bajabas / Shutterstock.com
We also ask all people who suffer from symptoms similar to those described above to address to a hospital, and undergo a test for cyclosporiasis.