7 Tips That Can Help Grow Longer And Fuller Eyelashes Naturally
Your eyelashes require proper care to stay healthy and grow well, just like your hair does. Use of fake eyelashes or eyelash extensions, lack of vitamins and minerals in your diet, use of low-quality mascara, and other factors can all thin out your eyelashes and hamper their healthy growth.
If you look in the mirror and aren’t satisfied with your lashes, there are some measures you can try to improve their growth and make them fuller. They may not give you the lashes you see in mascara commercials, and they take a few weeks or a few months to produce noticeable results, but they will give your lashes a much healthier appearance.
Here are 7 tips to improve the growth of your eyelashes naturally:
1. Don’t sleep with your make-up on.
You may sometimes be too tired by the end of the day to remember to remove your make-up. But this procedure should be done daily, with the use of high-quality makeup remover which is designed for your skin type and is approved by dermatologists. Don’t rub your eyes too vigorously when you’re removing makeup.
2. Apply aloe vera gel.
Aloe vera has many different applications to improve your health and looks (it can even help you sleep better), and it can also benefit your lashes. Here’s how to apply it:
- apply freshly extracted aloe vera gel with an eyelash brush before bedtime;
- leave it on overnight;
- rinse it off with lukewarm water in the morning.
3. Use tea bags.
Black, green, and herbal teas contain antioxidants that can make your lashes look healthier. Here’s how to use them:
- put two used tea bags in the fridge for about 20 minutes;
- place the tea bags over your closed eyelids for about 10 minutes;
- wash your face with lukewarm water.
4. Try coconut milk.
Coconut milk can strengthen your eyelashes and make them shinier. Use it this way:
- soak a cotton swab in cool coconut milk and apply it to the whole length of your lashes;
- let it stay for 10 minutes;
- rinse it off with lukewarm water.
5. Brush your eyelashes and massage your eyelids gently.
Gentle massage can help improve circulation and stimulate eyelash growth. Brushing your lashes with a clean eyelash brush or used mascara wand can help remove foreign particles from your lashes and untangle them.
6. Apply olive oil.
Olive oil may help promote the growth of new hairs and give your lashes a healthy shine (by the way, it can also help strengthen your nails). Apply it this way:
- dip a cotton swab into olive oil and apply it to the edges of your eyelids;
- leave it on for the night;
- wash it off in the morning.
7. Make sure your diet includes enough vitamins and minerals.
Healthy and well-rounded diet is important for hair growth (this includes your brows and lashes). Your diet has to include enough sources of biotin and other B vitamins, vitamins A, C, and E, zinc, iron, selenium, magnesium, and omega-3s for your lashes to grow as well as they can.
This article is purely for informational purposes. Do not self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for harm that may result from using the information stated in the article.